Ibrou pty Ltd
Eyebrow Specialists Pty ltd understands the importance people place on their personal information being collected. Personal information collected by us is treated with the appropriate degree of privacy and confidentiality.
Collection of information:
We may collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for one or more of our services or activities; or because it is required under relevant law or regulation.
The type of personal information we may collect includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, payment details, social media details, occupation and other information that can identify you (including information about your work experience in the event that you apply for a position with us) and details regarding conversations we have had with you.
This information is kept and treated as confidential information and will only be used by Ibrou Pty Ltd or our related entities.
We will generally collect personal information directly from you or your authorised representative through conversations, emails, meetings or using tools such as the internet, social media platforms, online orders and forms. There may be some instances where personal information about you will be collected from a third party, a publicly available source or by other lawful means, but only if:
- you have provided Ibrou Pty Ltd with your consent, or you would reasonably expect us to be able to access or collect your personal information; or
- it is necessary for a specific purpose such as executing a function or activity in connection with your dealings with Ibrou Pty Ltd; and/or
- we are permitted, or required to, by applicable law.
You may choose to not identify yourself or use a pseudonym when dealing with Ibrou Pty Ltd, except where this is impractical or where the law or a court order provides otherwise.
If the personal information you provide to us is incomplete or inaccurate, we may be unable to provide you or your authorised representative with the requested services and/or information.
We may collect sensitive information about you if the information is reasonably necessary for, online ordering or related to one or more of our services or activities (such as your criminal record or health information) if you provide your consent.
Separate guidelines apply to information held in relation to Ibrou Pty Ltd own staff.
Storage of information:
We may store your information in hard copy or electronic format and keep it in storage facilities that we own and operate ourselves, or that are owned and operated by our service providers.
How we deal with unsolicited information:
Sometimes we receive unsolicited information from individuals or from other sources. If we determine that we could not have collected the information for one or more of our functions or activities, we will take reasonably practicable steps to de-identify or destroy the information. Alternatively, we will take reasonable steps to protect the information from misuse or unauthorised disclosure. Disclosure of unsolicited information we hold may be carried out where required or permitted by law.
Use and disclosure of personal information:
The personal information that we collect and hold about you depends on your interaction with us. Generally, we will only collect and hold your personal information where it is reasonably necessary for us to establish and/or maintain a relationship with you. We will use your personal information (including sensitive information) for the primary purpose it was collected, or if your personal information is to be used for a secondary purpose, it will be used:
- (i) to provide services to you;
- (ii) to facilitate our internal business operations;
- (iii) to advise you of the services we provide;
- (iv) to analyse our services and customer needs with a view to developing new or improved services; and/or
- (v) because disclosure or use is required or authorised by law.
We do not sell personal information, and we do not provide your personal information to third parties unless one or more of the following situations apply:
- (i) you would reasonably expect, or have been advised that your personal information may be used or disclosed;
- (ii) if the use or disclosure is required by lawful authority; and/or
- (iii) if the use of disclosure relates to one or more of the prescribed ‘general permitted situations’ under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”), including, but not limited to, a serious and imminent threat to somebody's life or health, or if it is reasonably necessary for law enforcement.
We may disclose your personal information (including sensitive information) for the purposes for which it was collected, and also to the following overseas recipients:
- (i) persons reasonably necessary to enable us to provide services to you, including but not limited to you or your overseas representatives;
- (ii) external service providers that may assist us in our business in providing administration, information technology, payment processing, data hosting or other services; or
- (iii) anyone else as required by applicable law.
When marketing to you, your personal information may be used or disclosed for our own purposes. You may opt out of Ibrou Pty Ltd direct marketing to you. Ibrou Pty Ltd direct marketing materials will explain how to you can do this.
Protection of information:
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is relevant, accurate, up-to-date and complete. We take reasonable and practicable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, modification, disclosure, interference or unauthorised access.
When your personal information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected, we will take all reasonable and practicable steps to de-identify or destroy the information in a secure manner.
Sale of the business:
Accessing your personal information:
You can request that we provide you with access to information we hold about you. You can contact us by submitting a request in writing to the address below. If we are able to, we will action your request within a reasonable time frame following receipt of your request.
We may decline a request for access to personal information in circumstances prescribed by the Privacy Act as amended from time to time. If complying with your request for access or amendment requires considerable time and expense on our part, we may charge you a reasonable fee for providing you with information. If we are unable to agree to your request, we will provide you with an appropriate explanation.
Correcting your personal information:
You can request that we correct any personal information we hold about you, that is out-of-date, incorrect, incomplete or misleading. You can contact us by submitting a request in writing to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org. If we are able to, we will action your request within a reasonable time frame following receipt of your request. We may decline a request to correct the personal information in circumstances prescribed by the Privacy Act as amended from time to time.
Contact us about your privacy:
Shop B / 445-455 Liverpool Rd Ashfield New South Wales 2131 Australiainfo@ibrou.com
For information about privacy generally, or if your concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992.